Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

UV/IR CUT FILTER

Hi all, I am looking for  UV/IR Cut filter to use with a full spectrum DSLR  (1.25" or 2" will fit ) with SCT. The market looks rather confusing with prices varying from £10 to £100 .How much should I pay approx to get good results. Any advice on this would be appreciated..............Dave

It's really hard to find side by side comparisons, so it's easy to just assume that quality is determined by price.

At the slighter cheaper end, I had no issues with https://www.firstlightoptics.com/zwo-filters/zwo-1-25inch-iruv-cut-filter.html 

I then moved to try a few CLS CCD filters.  None have had any issues with bloated stars due to the camera mod. I did find the astronomik Canon clip in CLS CCD produces some reddish halos around very bright stars but I've seen that in other photo's with similar gear.