Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 410 & NGC 1893

Robd

This was picture of the day on APOD Jan 17. I rather liked it so had a go.

Bigger FOV lots of stars and less nebulosity but rather pleased with it myself.

Could do with another 1 or 2 hours worth of exposure but the clouds rolled in :).

Taken on the 18th Jan

6 x 10min iso 400 Stacked in ImageSXM severely tweaked in Photoshop including a few of Noel's tools.

Pentax K10D on Skywatcher 150mm f5 refractor Baader contrast booster filter.

Guided with sc1 mod spc900nc on 120 f5 helios refractor.

Hope that you like it.

11940_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Rob

Hmm - needs cropping slightly, oh well!

Thing & Vincent - thanks for the comments.

Vincent,

re the red and green glow, I am not to sure. They are visible in the original image so I suspect amp type interference. However I have identified a small horizontal gradient across the chip in the red and green channels on long exposures - less than 10 units. This is confirmed in the dark image. Unfortunately they go in opposite directions. I would have expected the dark subtraction to remove it, but I do not thing that it is all going. It's all far to technical for me.

Stretching the image obviously makes it worse. I suspect that the slight miss alignment between images again adds to the problem. As I say - should have cropped it before posting.

Rob

Rob,

Sorry, I missed this one.

Great image and lovely Star colour. I agree, it has a 3D look to it.

This is certainly one to be proud of.

You say it is dark subtracted, I wonder if the image was fully calibated, ie. Flats and Bias frames as well, it would take out some of that glow?

I don't know - just a suggestion.

Barry.

Barry,

yes you are probably right, but as we were discussing on Monday I still have not sorted out my light box. Which LEDs are you using for yours?

Not tried doing any bias frames yet - one step at a time :(

Have just got another 2hrs on this one. Lot of sky glow to get rid of though. Still something to do tomorrow.

Rob

Archived