SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A bit lost .... how to computerise an EQ3-2?

I also have a diy astro-EQ, which I used to convert an eq-5 to goto. I bought the two programmed chips and a circuit board from Tom's website for £12.70 delivered and then made it myself. Had never done anything of that level of soldering before, but it worked first time (no-one more surprised than me 😂). 

The surprises keep rolling in as it is still going strong two and a half years later 👍. Highly recommended. 

Ady

• Like 1

I'll take a shot at this since I don't need to buy anything to try it but my spare time... if I decide to implement it I only need the a box to enclosure all, motors mount, some pulleys and the timing belt... so Maybe next weekend I'll give it a try...

I don't appear to have any contact details for Tom I'm afraid.  The only thing I can think of is to try to contact him directly through the website.  I suspect however that it will go to the same place as the signup requests.

James

• Like 1

• 2 months later...