Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beaten by the clouds - AGAIN!!!!!

Dave

It's 4:00am. I awake and lok out of the window. Apart from a few wispy bits of cloud - It's CLEAR!!! At last... I disturb the wife getting out of bed and dressing. Creep (Well I thought I was) downstairs, go outside and open the dome. I get the telescope all set up and place the camera on the scope to take some AVI's of Saturn and the Moon. I get Saturn nicely in the field of view. Now time to put in the Barlow to get the magnification I need.

The image would not focus at all, then it faded from view completely. One casual glance through the dome confirmed the worse. It was now completely cloudy. :)

This hobby can be so frustrating at times...

It's 4:00am. I awake and lok out of the window. Apart from a few wispy bits of cloud - It's CLEAR!!! At last... I disturb the wife getting out of bed and dressing. Creep (Well I thought I was) downstairs, go outside and open the dome. I get the telescope all set up and place the camera on the scope to take some AVI's of Saturn and the Moon. I get Saturn nicely in the field of view. Now time to put in the Barlow to get the magnification I need.

The image would not focus at all, then it faded from view completely. One casual glance through the dome confirmed the worse. It was now completely cloudy. :)

This hobby can be so frustrating at times...

I might copy ready to paste this ... Save myself typing it out regularly :mrgreen:

Ive discover the time to get my scope out is when I'm wearing my dressing gown and putting the empty wine bottles in the re -cycling bin !! :)

Guy

I just hope this year will be better than the last. I think 2008 was the worst year I've had for observing. It just costs more when it's cloudy. You know,surfing the net and seeing all the nice gear to try out. Cloudy nights are expensive.

Glen.

Its been clear blue skies since 9am. If it follows recent trends it will cloud over when it gets dark :)

John

Been watching the sky all day............. Its been clear, Until it started to get dark then the clouds rolled in ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I feel everyones pain.........i built my observatory this year and every time i go out when it's clear, i power everything up, do my star alignment, and without fail the clouds role in 5 mins later. it's as if there's a magic cloud magnet in observatory.

Archived