Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 RA Not Moving

Snoani

Good evening

I setup up this evening to undertake a night of imaging and during the first slew my HEQ5 mount stopped moving in the RA.  Dec is working fine.  It may have made a noise but I was inside with the laptop at the time so can't be certaint.  

I have limited knowledge of mounts, but I have the side panel to attempt to diagnose the issue while connected to the laptop and while the RA is not moving, there is a high pitched noise from the motor if I attempt to slew it.   I can also manually turn the RA cogs but I can not do the same for the Dec cogs while it is powered up.  I therefore wonder if the physical connection between the motor and the cogs has broken.  

I purchased from FLO 5 months ago and have only used it 12 times, and so have contacted them but I thought I would ask this community whether anybody else has experienced a similar issue or whether the cause might be something else.

Any experience that you can offer would be appreciated. 

Jem