Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars tonight

Chrb1985

18 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

Beautiful!! This image confirms my observations from last night;) Thanks for sharing, and well done!

This was approximately my observation of Mars based on your image;)

image.png.c53a754df187e21d669a914c1f5fe6b4.png
Size was of course smaller.

Victor

Not bad yours either. What scope ? And where do you live?

Just now, Chrb1985 said:

Not bad yours either. What scope ? And where do you live?

I live just south of you in Copenhagen, Denmark;) I used my 10" skywatcher dob stopped down to 100mm to cope with atmospheric distortions. Then I switched between my 6.7mm and 4,7mm 82 degree explorer scientific eyepieces giving me approximately 180X and 255X.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

Tjats a great effort, you must be well pleased with that, is that only second light for the new C11? I think the limb and the SPC are both better on the derotated version.

Jupp second light. Yes I am pleased. But I strive to get it better. And I can't wait for the jupiter and saturn season again.

2 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Justt noticed a bit of artifact on the terminator edge of the derotated images, if you reduce the LD value in the derotation stage of winjupos you can get rid of that, i usually use about 0.8

Yeah I think I heard Christoffer Go talk about just that. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. But do you think the derotated one is better that the original? I did struggle alot with dew last night. So the color was actually different on some of the images I derotated. I think that's why the derotated is a bit darker..