Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possible life on Venus finally announced

On 15/09/2020 at 10:17, JeremyS said:

The Venus/phosphine discovery team has also written a "hypothesis article" on "The Venusian Lower Atmosphere Haze as a Depot for Desiccated Microbial Life: 

If I were still a teacher I would have a new weapon up my sleeve. I would approach a troublesome child, glare at it fixedly for ten seconds, then turn to class and say, 'Dessicated microbial life!'

Olly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

If I were still a teacher I would have a new weapon up my sleeve. I would approach a troublesome child, glare at it fixedly for ten seconds, then turn to class and say, 'Dessicated microbial life!'

Olly

To which this troublesome child would have muttered under his breath "better than a half mummified fossil ".

Regards Andrew 

Guess what its raining here.

Edited by andrew s
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, andrew s said:

To which this troublesome child would have muttered under his breath "better than a half mummified fossil ".

Regards Andrew 

You over-estimate the imagination and vocabulary of the average disruptive child, I'm afraid, Andrew! I always enjoyed teaching those kids capable of calling me (with some justification) a half mummified fossil. They were the good ones!

Olly

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Further doubt cast on the ALMA detection of phosphine in Venus's atmosphere: "Complications in the ALMA Detection of Phosphine at Venus"

I noticed it and another https://arxiv.org/abs/2101.09837 related paper this morning.

Looking like SO2 is getting  more and more likely as I suspected. 

Possibly a modern day canals on Mars. Seeing what you seek?

Regards Andrew 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Whether we find it anywhere else other then here on Earth or not really makes no difference (apart from to ourselves), life is a totally natural part/evolutionary step of the universe as we know it, if it wasn't, then their would be no life.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2020 at 09:06, andrew s said:

Regards Andrew 

Ok I am well outside the  2 min rule but I can hear the errant child replying "pleased to meet you Mr dessicated microbial life , my name is James" 

cloudy here , again 

Jim