Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Carbon Brush

45deg 2inch Diagonal

I have recently been enjoying using my SW Equinox for terrestrial viewing.
However, straight through the world is of course upside down.
Using a 90deg diagonal sorts this but my comfortable viewing preference is for a 45deg diagonal.

As the scope has a 2" focusser, and I have quite a few 2" eyepieces, I thought about a 2" diagonal.
However, these are thin on the ground.

I was wondering what choices others have made to use their 'sky' refractors (or other scopes) for earthly viewing?

Thanks,

David.

• Like 1

This is a way to get that prefered 45 degrees.

and i agree with the comfort of 45 degrees    I have a short tripod, and just sitting on my heels or a low chair makes me also miss that 45 degrees diagonal

3DE8C818-659F-4FAE-99E6-C4F9A269D942.jpeg

Edited by Robindonne

I use a and enjoy a WO 45 erect image diagonal, though it is only 1.25”. They’re around £60-70 I think. I’ve not seen anything similar for 2”.

cheers, Magnus

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your input. I wondered if I had failed to see an affordable item on sale anywhere.
I suspect I will be using my 1.25" eyepeices with a more affordable 1.25" adapter🙂

Thanks again, David.

There are a lot of 45° 2" erecting prisms out there.  Just don't look at Baader.

On 14/09/2020 at 19:23, Don Pensack said:

There are a lot of 45° 2" erecting prisms out there.  Just don't look at Baader.

Baader 45° erecting prisms no good? Or all Baader prisms?
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I was thinking about the Baader 2" Prism (#2456117) for my 8" Edge HD. Should I think again?

10 minutes ago, globular said:

Baader 45° erecting prisms no good? Or all Baader prisms?
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I was thinking about the Baader 2" Prism (#2456117) for my 8" Edge HD. Should I think again?

Correct, I was referring to the cost because Carbon Brush had commented he couldn't find anything affordable.

Robindonne posted a couple that were a lot less.  There are many in the market that are less expensive than Baader.

• Thanks 1