Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Manfrotto 475B & 4” Frac?

bond19

I used a 475B tripod for many years with a variety of scopes. Stability is pretty good and the geared centre column comes in handy. Holds my StellaMira scope which weighs 7kg with no problem.

Have just upgaded to a Berlebach Report tripod though Light but very stable and will hold nearly twice the weghtas the 475. Does look good as well.🙂

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/tripods/berlebach-report-312-tripod.html

3B61A5F9-D251-426D-97A6-B6B2C60E1F64.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Thought the 475 was good untill I used the Report. Less vibration as well as the increased load carrying ability.

D3AE613F-264C-418A-821D-8429A6E618A0.jpeg

What sort of mount is that John, is it a driven equatorial, might be looking for something similar if I decide to get a Tak 100 DZ as a transportable telescope to take to Tenerife, and eclipse trips

John 

Edited by johnturley

16 minutes ago, johnturley said:

What sort of mount is that John, is it a driven equatorial, might be looking for something similar if I decide to get a Tak 100 DZ as a transportable telescope to take to Tenerife, and eclipse trips

John 

It’s a Manfrotto 405 gared head with the centre section removed to make it an alt-az  mount. Had it for years. There are cheaper alternatives now like the Sopetech Zero.

Edited by johninderby

53 minutes ago, bond19 said:

Lovely scopes there. Thank you both for sharing. John, you've convinced me to get the Berlebach. I know if I didn't I would regret not having the more stable set-up. Thanks :)

If you order the 312 from FLO, it actually works out cheaper than from Berlebach direct.