NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ebay - Astronomical observatory with 3 metre dome

ukbigd

Funny thing is we built an extention and conservatory about 12 months ago as well as a new garden shed, I run 4 core armoured to the shed so it's future proofed incase I ever get an observatory.

Always thinking ahead I am.

MAN IT BREAKS MY HEART!

If i had the space i would have it in an instant!

Perhaps someone of the BAA or SPA might be able to find it a nice home. Seems sacrilidge to trash a decent build like that. Thats an astronomers dream a setup like that.

I know Lukeboy might be interested, but how would he transport it!

This is a doable project, and I can't understand why nobody has gone for it. It is not such a large dome, and surely would fit edge on inside a Transit van.

Did it say anywhere what it was made of. Fibreglass, or aluminium, or something else?

I think the guys main aim, is to have it out of the way, and the price would not be a large

ask I don't think. A bit younger, and I would be halfway

to Mansfield by now. :laughing2:

Ron.

Its plywood skinned with fibreglass, there's no way you'd get that in a trannie, its a flatbed jobbie for sure.

I'm pretty sure realistically only the dome and ring would be salvageable the rest is timber which wouldn't be easy to dismantle without damage.

Still a dome is a dome :)

Archived