NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How long till new skywatcher star adventurer?

matt-c

Hi, im trying to get my hands on a star adventurer pro but they seem out of stock almost every where. Im wondering if this is in preparation for the v2? 

My question is should i just wait for the newer version to land in the uk?  Or is it still some time off in which case I'll keep looking for the v1 option

Thanks

Edited by matt-c

The supply chain of components has been badly affected by events and the fact that  hobbies have seen an upsurge in take up the supply pipeline is just not being filled quick enough to meet demand.

I have a star adventurer and its difficult to see where it could be improved.  I got the Williams optics mount to speed up polar alignment but the one supplied works ok.

I did add a simple degree wheel to the other end of the Dec adjustment knob as one complete turn equals 3 degrees of movement and made up a LED indicator that blinked after 20 seconds. Holding the RA buttons down for twenty seconds moves one degree.

These changes made finding an object easier from a bright star. Final positioning is done via plate solving.

Edited by Tomatobro
more info

setting aside portability by the time you add the costs of the SWA pro and the Williams mount together you are into the range of the SW go to mounts of similar capacity so keep that in mind.  The delivery issues are just the same whichever one you go for.

One other tip for the SWA pro. Its very easy to knock the rotary switch from the "off" to "on" and if you use batteries they will be dead flat if left in storage like this. I always pull one AA cell out of the holder to prevent this

Edited by Tomatobro
info

Couple of German dealers are expecting stock next week.. Unfortunately the German price is about 100 quid more than the UK price. 🙁

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p7008_Skywatcher-Star-Adventurer-travel-mount---Astro-Photo-Set.html

Edited by johninderby

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2020 at 14:31, Chefgage said:

Thinking of swopping out my star adventurer pro for a sky watcher az gti. Might get a quick sale if the star adventurers are hard to come by :)

I think if you stick it up it will almost be an instant sale 😄

• Like 1