NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A new arrival.

Had a distraction on Monday with a delivery from UPS. The parcel was shipped out on Friday from Machesney Park.

The outer boxed looked like this!

IMG_1161.jpg

Edited by Cjg
removed postcoce and phone number from address label on the box

Pelicase make superb cases, but you can obtain them in the UK.

Inside though, was what I had thought about in (I think) April 2018, and then forgotten about until an email dropped into my mailbox on Thursday evening.

Of course, the weather is completely cloudy (that's the polite description)  for the next two weeks, so I've managed  a total of 5 minutes moon-gazing in between clouds and rain.

IMG_1165.jpg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Cjg said:

Pelicase make superb cases, but you can obtain them in the UK.

Inside though, was what I had thought about in (I think) April 2018, and then forgotten about until an email dropped into my mailbox on Thursday evening.

Of course, the weather is completely cloudy (that's the polite description)  for the next two weeks, so I've managed  a total of 5 minutes moon-gazing in between clouds and rain.

IMG_1165.jpg

The case is very nice but the scope is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to hear about your experiences with it! :blob7:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

The case is very nice but the scope is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to hear about your experiences with it! :blob7:

Thank you, our weather forecast for the next two weeks is for clouds, clouds and rain 😂. Am looking forward to getting it out under the dark skies at a Seething Obsy as soon as.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cjg said:

Do you mean “bought” in April 2018??.....If so, that is some delay in delivery!!! 😀 What was the problem?.....Lovely scope btw

• Like 1

What a wonderful telescope and travel companion. I’m sure the views will be simply exquisite. 😀 It’s certainly a ‘keeper’ scope for life.

Just a suggestion, it might be worth editing the first (box) image to remove some of your address details and phone number (for security reasons).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Do you mean “bought” in April 2018??.....If so, that is some delay in delivery!!! 😀 What was the problem?.....Lovely scope btw

Thank you.
AstroPhysics have a different business model, which is clever.  As I understand it, they produce their scopes in relatively small batches, and create a wait list. You sign up to the wait list, and if you’re fortunate enough to be at the beginning of the list, you’ll receive your scope within a short time frame.  

This new Stowaway was exhibited at an Astro Expo in the USA in 2018; think the people visiting the stand would have been on the first batch.  By the time I’d visited the website to add my name, I was far down a long, long list. 
As I understand it, this will be the last batch of Stowaway scopes produced for some time...The company are now focussed on producing their 130 Starfire telescopes; I know someone who added their name in 2013 to that list, with first shipments due later this year / early next year! Whether he missed an email, or is on a list we don’t know.  It’s a clever business model because it evens out any potential ‘quiet periods’ in the business, allows for the owner to manage the scale / growth of the business, and creates high quality scopes with a scarcity value...Baader have done the same with their Travel Companion.

HTH?

Chris

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rob_UK_SE said:

What a wonderful telescope and travel companion. I’m sure the views will be simply exquisite. 😀 It’s certainly a ‘keeper’ scope for life.

Just a suggestion, it might be worth editing the first (box) image to remove some of your address details and phone number (for security reasons).

Thank you! I’d forgotten to do that, although the phone number is no longer mine, the post code is! I’ll have to fire up Photoshop😀