Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revisiting M101

SyedT

I had previously posted a completed version of M101, but had not been 100% happy with the background/contrast present within the image. I could finally be bothered to try again, and here is the result! I feel happier with it as I feel the dust lanes in the centre are more punchy and better saturated, and the overall contrast and background has improved. Would welcome any feedback from the experts, and hope everyone's skies are less cloudy than mine these days!

M101.thumb.png.b4d239f2526e7ba4c5c536c4d13a1417.png

• Like 16

11 hours ago, groberts said:

Fabulous image and a real step-up  from what was already a very good one - colours + details + overall quality - can't see how you can improve this further, well worth the extra effort.  Very well done.

Thank you, appreciate it! I think I'm finally happy with it! (he says...)

15 minutes ago, Jkulin said:

That's really lovely Syed, when I did it I added some Ha and it made it go pop, you stars colours are lovely and if you could add some Ha then it would go bang!

I did try and get some Ha but was having issues with tracking at the time, so couldn't manage long enough subs unfortunately. I've seen the Ha versions and they look stunning! I've switched to my refractor for now, but when the Edge comes out next I'll be sure to grab some Ha!

• Like 1

On 16/08/2020 at 01:28, ramdom said:

This is an amazing image - the best M101 I've seen...

--Ram

Thanks Ram, very kind of you to say so!

On 16/08/2020 at 09:42, alan potts said:

I am no expert but that is the best I have seen and blows my half baked effort out of the water.

Alan

Thank you Alan, appreciate it!

On 16/08/2020 at 09:56, tomato said:

A really vibrant rendition, you certainly  have made full use of the 20+ hours of integration, a great result.

Vibrant is exactly what I was going for, I'm happy you think so!

• Like 1