My last DSLR images

Having purchased a mono cam recently, I thought it would be apt to post my last DSLR images for my first imaging post on SGL!

49895677137_ee477dc621_o.jpg

19x 1200s Ha 12nm ISO1600
12x 1200s OIII 12nm ISO1600

49964581706_d4100ac40d_o.jpg

64x 600s ISO800
19x 600s Ha 12nm ISO800

49839391922_378f06d414_o.jpg

48x 600s Ha 12nm ISO800
43x 600s OIII 12nm ISO800

All taken with my SW 80ED DS-Pro and Canon 60D (CentralDS). Maybe one day I'll get another DSLR, but for now I'm very excited about real mono imaging!

Thanks for looking,

Jamie.

• Like 21

10 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Given the quality of those, i look forward to seeing what you can get with your new mono. What did you go for?

Thanks! 1600mm pro. I have an Esprit 100 on the way, too. Very exciting times!

8 hours ago, Adam1234 said:

Very nice, good luck with the new mono, look forward to seeing your images

Thanks very much!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rustang said:

Lovely images, excuse my still learning mind but how are you managing 1200sec ( 20min) exposures!? I've probably read something wrong! 😊

Didn’t read anything wrong there! I was very fortunate to live in dark skies when that data was captured. My DSLR was modified by CentralDS to have a Peltier fan that cooled the sensor to 20 deg c below the ambient temperature. I must have also had pretty decent guiding for those sessions, too! I wouldn’t think of going to 20min exposures in my current light polluted skies and sensitive ASI1600mm chip!

• Like 1

On 14/08/2020 at 22:52, Rustang said:

Blimmey, I could only dream of 20mins, I'm not guiding yet plus light pollution will also put a stop to me ever achieving that, fair play 👍

Guiding will definitely step up your game, but you can buy light pollution filters that will really help! Besides, I’m not sure 20min exposures are all that good, there’s always a balance to be made between exposure time and amount of exposures.

18 minutes ago, Backyard Space Dude said:

Guiding will definitely step up your game, but you can buy light pollution filters that will really help! Besides, I’m not sure 20min exposures are all that good, there’s always a balance to be made between exposure time and amount of exposures.

I've got a decent LPF and recently brought what I need to guide but haven't got round to trying it out yet, there's just not enough clear nights and when ever there is I just want to image and not faff around! 😁 I will get there though, as you say I know it will help 👍

• Like 1

On 14/08/2020 at 22:52, Rustang said:

Blimmey, I could only dream of 20mins, I'm not guiding yet plus light pollution will also put a stop to me ever achieving that, fair play 👍

The 20 minute exposures were taken with narrowband filters, so light pollution isnt really an issue, nowhere near the effect it has on broadband imaging.  Plus the ED80 is not a particularly fast scope at F6.37.

On 12/08/2020 at 15:20, Backyard Space Dude said:

All taken with my SW 80ED DS-Pro and Canon 60D (CentralDS)

Very impressive, the SW ED80 really is a great value instrument.  Look forward to your images with the new 1600.

• Like 2

On 16/08/2020 at 18:50, Rustang said:

I've got a decent LPF and recently brought what I need to guide but haven't got round to trying it out yet, there's just not enough clear nights and when ever there is I just want to image and not faff around! 😁 I will get there though, as you say I know it will help 👍

Invest the time now to get guiding sorted, you won’t regret it!

On 16/08/2020 at 20:14, tooth_dr said:

The 20 minute exposures were taken with narrowband filters, so light pollution isnt really an issue, nowhere near the effect it has on broadband imaging.  Plus the ED80 is not a particularly fast scope at F6.37.

Very impressive, the SW ED80 really is a great value instrument.  Look forward to your images with the new 1600.

Thanks! I do love my ED80, it has served me well. However, there’s now an Esprit 100 on the way...