Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A couple more form the 6th...

Ant

I've just finished processing another few AVI's from the 6th. The delay is due to the purchase and installation of a new 120Gb Hard Drive for the Laptop.

I only had about 6Gb free on the last one, so 30 minutes of imaging the moon and that was long gone...

You have far more software installed on a PC than you realise... :D

Anyway, not overly happy with these, was running out of disc space and I think that was the cause of the IC Capture program freezing during capture. So the umer of frames on these is quite low - down into the very low hundreds...

First one has come out OK and is off Cichus+Capuanus - this has taken me ages to find on the moon map :hello2:

11719_large.jpeg

The second one shows Eratosthenes+Mons Apenninus, this image is really sufering from lack of frames... the quality improves where the two images overlap, pointing towards more frames needed!

11720_large.jpeg

I think thats the last clear night for me for a week or so!

Cheers

Ant

Not bad capture and a bit of smoothing will reduce the noise but I know what you mean with memory the DMK eats it up in no time. Dread to think how much memory to reserve for a mosaic?

Not bad capture and a bit of smoothing will reduce the noise but I know what you mean with memory the DMK eats it up in no time. Dread to think how much memory to reserve for a mosaic?

I did a 28 pane mosaic on the 30th December and it took 6gb!

Cheers guys. Looking forward to getting out again.

ant

Hi Russ,

Cheers mate. I was using the 2" 2X barlow - but just the lens part - so the spacing was not as far as normal.

My best guess is that it gave an incease of around 1.5x, so the FL would have been around 40050mm!

I was much happier with my Clavius image - that was taken with the same kit.

Ant

Archived