NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AR12770

John

AR12770 has a nice little spot associated with it. Interesting shaped umbra at the moment enclosed in a well defined penumbra and worth a look if you fancy it :smiley:

The other two AR's listed currently (12769 and 12768) don't seem to have spots visible just now. Some extensive faculae complexes in white light though.

I'm using a 90mm F/11 achromat refractor and the Lunt Herschel Wedge today :smiley:

IMGP6472.JPG

• Like 7

Hi  John. Yes it is a lovely spot. First clear day for almost a month. At last I have been able to try out my Solar Quest Mount and my new double stack on my Lunt. I will write a report later on my opinion of these.

781F1256-C50F-4B95-8763-FF30729F04EE.jpeg

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, laudropb said:

Hi  John. Yes it is a lovely spot. First clear day for almost a month. At last I have been able to try out my Solar Quest Mount and my new double stack on my Lunt. I will write a report later on my opinion of these.

781F1256-C50F-4B95-8763-FF30729F04EE.jpeg

Look forward to your report John. Superb, substantial prom today, though double stacking  may not be an advantage for that, depends on individual etalons. But active regions still showing nicely in DS, and a couple of small filaments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John said:

AR12770 has a nice little spot associated with it. Interesting shaped umbra at the moment enclosed in a well defined penumbra and worth a look if you fancy it :smiley:

The other two AR's listed currently (12769 and 12768) don't seem to have spots visible just now. Some extensive faculae complexes in white light though.

I'm using a 90mm F/11 achromat refractor and the Lunt Herschel Wedge today :smiley:

IMGP6472.JPG

Looks like a very nice set up for white light John -  is that your 7.2-21.5 zoom? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highburymark said:

Looks like a very nice set up for white light John -  is that your 7.2-21.5 zoom? 

Thanks Mark.

Yes. That zoom, sometimes combined with the 2.25x barlow, is probably my most used eyepiece day and night, except when the 12 inch dobsonian is in use.

On it's own for solar it gives 47x - 139x with this scope. A very useful range :smiley:

I'll probably wear it out in due course and have to buy another !

Its split further and is 4 defined areas and perhaps a fifth one.
I include a poor sketch for reference, observed in WL using the Vixen ED103.

817825661_AR277010082020.thumb.JPG.54c6586e58eb1973805df62d8ff74ee4.JPG

The sketch is better than the scan does justice to, honest.

Oh first daylight for the Pentax 10 mm XW, super as expected :)

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 2