Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Possible issue with my Canon 600D Modded

GrahamD

Hi all, any thoughts from the group - I may have an issue with my old Canon 600D - Noticed this before but have been using my ZWO recently so hadn't thought about it - I've attached a hugely over processed image of Vega to show the anomaly in the bottom left - It's always in the same place and gets worse the longer the exposure is - this a 60 second stack of 5 lights, plus darks, flats and dark flats - after removing light pollution and calibrating the background in APP. And after using Gradient exterminator in PS. I assume it could either be the sensor overheating, or sensor glow but I've never heard of that from a DSLR, or possibly light leaking in through the viewfinder, although for these images I was shooting with live view to avoid mirror vibration so the mirror was up. Any thoughts ??

Vega_Star_Field_31_July_2020-RGB-session_1-St.jpg

I had something similar on my Canon 700d a few years back.

On advice from the camera supplier, (Juan Fierros - www.cheapastrophotography.com) I disabled live view and the problem went away.  

4 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

You can lock the mirror up with the um mirror lock option.

Page 122 of the Instruction book. 

Don't know why they write these books, nobody bothers to read them before wrecking using their camera.

Michael

• Like 1

• 6 months later...