Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AZ GTe problem?!?!?!

hi, I am new to all this, my husband recently purchased me an AZ GTe skywatcher...because I can sit for hours outside at night just watching the sky, it amazes me.....I don't know if anyone can help with this question?? so this particular mount has WiFi built in, I have got as far as connecting mount with my android, opening synscan app and connecting app with mount and then seeing the two lights flashing, so I know my android is connected to the mount....but what it doesn't do is move when I press up, down, left, right etc.... am I missing something, doing something wrong or is the motor broken in the mount? It is brand new...hope someone can help...thanks 😊🙏 

Edited by Claire K

I've sorted it, I wasn't doing anything wrong, it was the adapter, ive tried 2 adapters both 12v -14v none seemed to work....on a last chance effort I've used batteries and its working great!!!!!!!.....so excited to start using!! If only it wasn't raining 🙄

• Like 1

Sounds similar to the AZ GTi which I have, I assume this is a newer version? For the GTi running from batteries can be a little flaky at times, I would consider getting an external power tank, https://www.firstlightoptics.com/batteries-powerpacks/skywatcher-powertank-7ah.html. This will supply the power required, is quite portable and doubles up as another light source (both red and white).

12 hours ago, Claire K said:

I've sorted it, I wasn't doing anything wrong, it was the adapter, ive tried 2 adapters both 12v -14v none seemed to work....on a last chance effort I've used batteries and its working great!!!!!!!.....so excited to start using!! If only it wasn't raining 🙄

Welcome to the world of astronomy where it is a well known fact that when you buy new equipment the weather conspires to prevent you from using it 🙄😀