Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Power supply recommendations

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a power supply for the cooler for a ZWO 183MM PRO? I'm amazed they don't come with one but apparently not. I'm not an electronics expert so am wary of plugging the wrong thing in. Just wondering if anyone found something on Amazon or such which is cheap and readily available (Which seems to be an issue with a few astro shops at the moment).

Thanks

I have to answer this one and give you all the advices I got.  I asked the same about a month ago.  And most of the members here pushed me to Meanwell powerbricks.  Can’t say it was a wrong choice.  Affordable and solid.   Look in the 12v 6-8 A range.  

Edited by Robindonne

If you have an accessable mains supply, you can use the ZWO branded power supply:

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/power-accessories/zwo-12v-5a-ac-to-dc-power-supply-adapter-for-cooled-cameras.html

Might take a bit of time to deliver but at least you dont need to worry about connecting the wrong thing. This is what I have used for my camera and no issues at all. Would advise to keep a cover over the power box to stop any dew getting to it.