Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Im going to be on the Radio

timetraveller

Hiya Guys and Girls

I got a phone call tonight from one of the radio presenters of Swindon FM one of our local radio Stations they want me to go into the studio on Wednesday 14 Jan and give an interview about our new Swindon Stargazers club which is hopefully starting up on the 20th February and also to talk about IYA as well . And the also want me to appear on one of their Sunday shows to. seems like there is a huge interest in Astronomy at the moment also just had a 1/3 page article put into the local rag today free of charge to advertise the club cant beat all this freebie coverage I am well impressed also with the response from prospective members

regards Pete

Good luck with the new club. I established Bedford AS 22 years ago and have made some fanatastic friends in all that time. Make the most of the free media while it lasts, they can be very fickle at times.

Brilliant Pete, make the most of it!

I do a spot for BBC CWR every now and again. (just turned Wincy Willis down for sunday actually). Make sure you know in advance what you plan to talk about, have plenty of short sharp soundbite type things to say, always be positive, confident, and sound genuinely excited about your topic! Also be prepared for the presenter to actually not be at all interested in what you have to say :s

A mention of the forum would be nice, and i'm sure appreciated by the sponsors :hello2:

Hope it goes really well, the time on air flies, so make the most of it! All the best for your big day :D

TJ

I'm not sure to be honest Daz

My eldest sister has threatend to record it for posterity lol not sure if that was meant as a complement, but this local radio station actually do run a monthly Astronomy slot usually hosted by Andy from wiltshire Astronomy Society so they do have a pedigree for astronomy if anybody is crazy enough to want to listen to my dulcet tones then the radio station is Swindon 102 FM and its due to air at 9:30am and i will definitely be singing the praises of the stargazers lounge and of this totally insane family of Astronuts who strain and pull their hair out on a regular basis to stand in sub zero temps and stare into lumps of glass as if they were some magical crystal ball about to fortell of our futures

regards Pete

Archived