Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher EVOSTAR ED150 Reviews?

Hi,  I was just interested to know if anyone here has been using the new Skywatcher EVOSTAR ED150, The one with the green dove tail.

I haven't found much in the way of reviews on this scope to find out what people think of it.

I was mainly interested to know what people thought of the views they were getting through the eyepieces of the planets,

Were they nice and crisp  clear of a bit average,  Then how it looks with stars,  if they are nice and clear or a bit average.

How dose it perform taking images,  are the stars coming out sharp or a bit bloated / average,  same goes for the planets.

I realise it is just a broad question,  but just trying to get a bit of an idea on how this scope has been performing now it has been out for a little while.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The two examples that I was supplied with had packaging issues and arrived well out of collimation. This has been improved upon now and the scopes are arriving with new owners in good order.

The scope had a lot of potential I felt even given the issues that I encountered. I'd like to try another someday :smiley:

Edit: Oh I see that Kev has already linked to the above.