Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron CPC alignment through Hand Controller

When I align my Celestron CPC 1100 EdgeHD through Starsense Auto Allignment, after Completing the successful plates resolve in the handset, you have to press enter to continue to the second stage of selecting a bright star to point scope towards it, which I used to do in the past. Today after successful plate resolve, when I tried to press enter it takes you back to the first screen “Star Sense Ready” instead of selecting the brightest star option. Can anyone help and advise where am I making mistake ?

9 hours ago, Arshad Wali Muhammad said:

If press enter it takes me back to the first screen of star sense is ready 

So is it working or isn't it? At the conclusion of a successful Starsense alignment you press Enter and it goes back to the Ready screen, IIRC.

Did you figure out where the printed instructions are wrong, or do you need some more help with that?

If you gave more detail it would be easier to offer you help.

The Starsense will give an error unless you connect the camera - it will not come ready without it.  Are you connecting the camera while the unit is powered up? Don't do that.  Otherwise I do not know why you are getting a 'telescope model could not be read' message.  It could be a 'bad connection' problem.  Try reseating connectors including camera, check the camera is plugged in the correct (aux) port and apply power.  If it still does not work, try Googling  or Bing for "starsense telescope model could not be read error"

Since the original HC works, one can assume the mount is OK.

By the way, I have a CPC800 and have not bothered to connect my Starsense to it. With the GPS all I have to do to align it is a 'two star auto align' which is not a lot of work.

Thank You. I did exactly the same but error message is same. If I only connect SS HC without Camera it doesn’t give any weird error but “fining camera” but when I attach camera and turn on the power it gives the error message as per below picture. Is there any option to reset the camera ?or any troubleshoot without sending it back to Celestron ?

02D24DF2-54C4-4B03-BCD1-A5CC5C59919C.jpeg

3677126B-BB04-48AE-9F5D-D5F515F99BF3.jpeg

Go to Menu on the hand controller, Starsense, Reset AIS Camera. Once that is completed go to Menu. Hand controller, restore defaults. Second, recycle the power on the unit.

You will now have to put in all data again, as in like it's new.

Did you search online for useful postings, quoting the screen error messages? There is stuff on the Cloudynights forum. That should give you various things to try. If none work, it is probably time to send it back under warranty. I still suspect a bad connection problem.

From the symptoms I doubt that there is anything wrong with the camera, but I could be wrong. In any case you would have to return at least the entire Starsense kit, as the dealer is not going to exchange anything other than a complete kit.  You could try for a straight refund unless you consider the Starsense really useful (when it works).

It may be a Starsense issue, or it may be the kind of un-diagnosed weirdness decribed in some of the Cloudynights posts.

• Like 1