NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Problem with ASI Studio

Avocette

I've got ASI Studio v1.1.0 working nicely on my laptop PC, so I thought I'd install it on my desktop PC. Both are fairly recent models with Windows 10 Home installed. I get this error message whenever I try to use it on the desktop PC. I've checked version numbers, tried deinstalling and reinstalling but I always get this result. Anyone had similar issues?

ErrorASIStudio.jpg

Could be one of :-

1. Installing 64bit on 32bit - though the installer shouldn't do that.

2. Installing Intel version on some AMD PC's which dont support X86 code - very rare!

3. Missing dependencies - usually M/S stuff - again any decent installer should check but the ones installed maybe too new ! e.g. VC++redist Required

4. Corrupt installation - try uninstalling and download new copy to install.

At a guess (3) would be the best bet.

• Like 1

Thank you so much @stash_old- quickly solved my problem!

By the way, I am finding the ASIFitsView (as its name suggests .fits file viewer) very convenient and quick with a useful auto stretch and histogram display, hence why I wanted a copy on my Desktop PC.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Neil H said:

Hi all there is an update but when I try and update it won't I get message saying failed 64 bit up contact ASL

Is any one else having this problem

I had that. The answer is to uninstal the original version first and then instal the new version.

Peter

• 4 months later...

I get the feeling that ZWO software is a bit 'bare minimum' in its design. It works on the test machines / platforms they happen to have but not necessarily on 'yours'.  The AVI files that ASIcap outputs on my computer are not read by VLC (a pretty standard bit of software) and I have to pass them through PRISM before I can look at them.  Where are all the options in the Preferences?

Their USB interface software also seems to assume that the user can drive it appropriately to get a continuous flow of frames. You would think that ZWO software would talk properly to ZWO hardware without the user needing to muddle through. I can't find a button to let me choose the format of output movies without dropouts and freezing.

Perhaps the different divisions of ZWO are not well integrated. I have heard that it's the same with SONY. I think Astrophtographers are too soft with suppliers.