Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ScopeTech STL-80A Maxi 80mm F15 - First Look

15 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The f15 only weighs just over 2kg so still light and easy to mount. 👍🏻

I saw your post when you got this scope .. I think you mounted it on an AZ-GTi .. I see you have a more conventional mount now .. how did the AZ-GTi cope with the length of the scope 

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

Sorry to ask another question ... did you ( or even , could one ) change the focuser ?

The focuser actually works very well. Nice and  smooth. The one thing I would change though is the screw type clamp on the drawtube. Fortunately the end of the drawtube has a standard Vixen 36.4mm thread so you can get a T2 to 36.4mm adaptor from FLO and then fit a Baader ultrashort 1.25” clamp.

Edited by johninderby

Just now, johninderby said:

The one thing I would change though is the screw type clamp on the drawtube.mFortunately the end of the drawtube has a standard Vixen 36.4mm thread so you can get a T2 to 36.4mm adaptor from FLO and then fit a Baader ultrashort 1.25” clamp.

Yes i saw that ... i really do not know why scopes are sold with these screw clamps .