Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with my Flame Nebula needed.

beamer3.6m

Looks like a case of very bad light pollution or leakage through scope front or camera viewfinder - unfortunately the LP has eaten up the signal so processing would be too difficult I would guess.

Not that processing skills are any good nor am I used to dealing with colour images either but I've had a quick crack at it....

11520_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Have to say that 15 mins isn't a lot of exposure time on the flame with a DSLR, what time(s) are the subs?

Tony..

Here's the best I can do. Looks like the flame is there but it needs longer subs as well as a LP filter! ANyway see what you think :)

I applied Noels actions light pollution reduction, then a play with the levels and a little unsharp mask on the flame region.

11523_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

here is what I would do forget registax its good for planets but not good for deep sky images use Deepsky stacker its free and see how it works then repost your results, I am sure it will be 100% better, then my next question is how long was each sub? and also check your histogram on the camera dont let it slide to far I keep my images around the 45% from the left side here is a 20 minute image with 5 minute subs no flats or darks stacked and calibrated in Deepsky Stacker processed in photoshop

Regards Les

large.jpg

I speant some time on it asw well and gave up got similar results to those posted by S5, used different set of tools but the LP kills any hope of ending up with anything other than a blue image with a faint flame...

Really need touse a filter knock that LP back as the other bits are there trackign and focus are very good... so get rid of the "glow" and let the detail show...

Billy...

Cheers guys.

What filter is recommended for reducing the LP.

I use a Canon 400d connected at prime focus to my Explorer 200 which has the skywatcher Crayford.

I attach the camera via the EOS T ring which screws onto the 1.25" eyepiece holder thread.

I found with my Canon 350D that I needed 2" fittings , so camera t-ring to 2" ( not 1.25" ) to cut down on vignetting and a 2" Astronomik CLS filter screwed into the 2" nose piece to reduce light pollution - this does increase the exposure times slightly.

John

Archived