Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Low powered barlow

I am interested in getting a low powered barlow for my eeva setup. 

Currently I use the lens from a standard barlow which adds at 1.6x to give me focus, actually gives more back travel than I need but I managed anyway.

I have read that william optics used to do a 1.2 barlow but after quite a bit of digging came to a dead end.

Has anyone heard of another short focal length barlow and if so, where please.

Alternatively are there any ways of doing this by breaking down something else as per above but looking for no more than 1.3 really. 1.2 ideally.

TIA

Steve

The Baader Q-Turret 2.25x barlow gives 1.3x if the lens element section is screwed directly into the bottom of the 1.25" eyepiece barrel on their Classic series eyepieces.

The actual amplification given with other eyepieces depends on the distance between the last element in the eyepiece and the barlow lens element - the greater the distance, the more the amplification factor is.

As you can see, the barlow elements need some room up inside the 1.25" eyepiece barrel so designs which use a lower lens set within the barrel are unlikely to ba able to accommodate it.

Baader Q-Turret 2.25x Barlow - Discussions - Eyepieces ...

• Like 1

Steve,

Have a look on astroboot they still have some old WO 1.25" 2x Barlow  and between 1.5 and 2 X and a cheap price maybe this could help?

Williams Optics 3 element 1.25" Barlow nose-piece. This 2-power (2x) nose-piece Barlow allows you to double to power of your eyepieces when used with William Optics binoviewers. It also makes it easier to reach focus with most telescopes. It can be screwed onto 1.25" eyepieces as well as binoviewers. It fits all 1.25" standard filter threads and will provide around 1.5x to 2x magnification when screwed to eyepiece and camera nose-pieces. Features three elements, front filter thread, and edge-blackened lenses for superior contrast

1495651926-Image40.jpg

Edited by fozzybear
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, John said:

The Baader Q-Turret 2.25x barlow gives 1.3x if the lens element section is screwed directly into the bottom of the 1.25" eyepiece barrel on their Classic series eyepieces.

The actual amplification given with other eyepieces depends on the distance between the last element in the eyepiece and the barlow lens element - the greater the distance, the more the amplification factor is.

As you can see, the barlow elements need some room up inside the 1.25" eyepiece barrel so designs which use a lower lens set within the barrel are unlikely to ba able to accommodate it.

Baader Q-Turret 2.25x Barlow - Discussions - Eyepieces ...

Great shout John, thanks for that. Loads of up room in the barrel so that shouldn't be a problem. Looks a better barlow that my current TS one, will have to compare but could be a perfect fit and cost effective.

cheers

Steve

• Like 1