Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101-Hubble NB

MarkAR

Interesting 😀  I've never tried NB for galaxies other than Ha to show the star generating regions otherwise LRGB filters.  Nice result.

• Like 1

Thanks Gina, looking at the colours there definitely seems to be more blue (Oiii) in the outer arms along with a lot of green (Ha) in the arms but it looks like a reasonable amount of red (Sii) in the centre.

It's just something that has been niggling at me with loads using Ha on galaxies but no one doing the rest (except maybe NASA).

14 hours ago, DaveS said:

Very interesting, never done more than H-alpha in galaxies before.

But shouldn't this be in Imaging > Deep Sky?

Cheers Dave and DOH!

Can moderators move this thread, I clicked on the wrong section.

Well, well, well... what an interesting post.  I don't spend as much time on here as I used to but I don't recall ever seeing M101 done in narrowband and it's always interesting to see a new slant on an old friend.

I wonder if you are tempted to process this as an Ha / OIII / OIII image or Ha / OIII / Hb (Hb just being a third of the Ha signal).  Those ought to give reasonably natural-looking star colours.

Really like this though, Mark.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1