Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Remote power station/supply

hi All,

I am hoping to get away (eventually ) to the remote locations  - i mean away from power sockets, not like i do - remote on the extension :)

. What is the best most reliable power bank/station you have had?

i.e:

UKing Portable Power Station, 222Wh / 60000mAh emergency power with DC / AC inverter and LCD display, 320V AC, charging via solar panel for camping emergency, backup

The best power option for you will depend on what you are powering.

Just a mount? Or cameras, dew heaters, laptop etc. If you can tell people what you need to power I'm sure you will get some good recommendations.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KevS said:

I think you should be looking at something around 70-100 Ah, the above would only supply about 18-19 Ah at 12v. Better off making one yourself, using a deep cycle leisure battery; there are quite a few threads on the forum indicating how to do so. You would initially need to calculate your working load in amperes (camera(s), mount, heaters, laptop, etc.) multiply that by how many hours you intend to use it for and then look at a system that provides only a drop of about 10%-15% in initial rated capacity of storage for an all night session. It would also depend if you have ready access for recharging the following day. 

Approx it will be : 4 Amp cameras, 0.4Amp for power box, Pi4s, focuser , 18amp - max pulse 3x dew heater - 4amp laptop- plus extra future requirement X 6hr sequence = 100-120 Ah? ... £100 on amazon...

12V 120AH SB LM120 Super Heavy Duty Ultra Deep Cycle Leisure Marine Battery - Replace 12V 110AH 105AH

4 hours ago, baggywrinkle said:

I use the  Celestron Power Tank 86.4 Wh version with my iOptron CEM25P. Small, light and reliable for an evening out. If you needed more to drive dew shields etc then the larger version would work well.

i dont think it will be enough - add a beer fridge and the power is gone....:)