SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Waiting for Jupiter and Saturn anybody?

Hello astronomers! Just wondering if anyone is waiting for Jupiter and Saturn to take opposition, I am currently waiting a month away to see the two of them at around 3 in the morning so it can be the best time to see them at dark. Around late June Jupiter will reach meridian around 3 AM and Saturn later a bit!

Just want to know if anyone is waiting because my garden is filled with houses in the south that cover the south objects such as the planets and moon.

There is mine and my neighbours house has a gap where it is best to see the planets in the south!

Yes.  Was waiting for tony ferguson but in the meantime said hello to these 2 round celebrities. You?

i had to go on to the balcony otherwise some 1000 years old oaks block the sight

Edited by Robindonne

I'll be becoming nocturnal around July 7th to get the best angles on Jupiter and Saturn during the few short dark hours.  🤓

My horizon to the South is partially blocked too, as this screenshot from Stellarium shows.  (It's the actual skyline from my Pod, set as the Stellarium default landscape from a panoramic photo).

I'm very fortunate living in a Bortle 4 area with no street lights for several miles and few houses to pollute, but my Southern horizon is the most obscured direction.  (Dammit....)

Jul 7 2020.jpg

Eagerly waiting! Saturn is my most favorite planet! Also going to try for comet Swan 2020 on Friday since it is supposed to be optimal that day for Los Angeles. And of course Uranus is another joy... Jupiter... I can take or leave.