Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

"No Link To Mount Stand Alone Mode"

I went to update the control pad yesterday but realised I couldn't without an adapter because it uses a 300BC technology aka the Serial port. I just wanted to confirm that it was working. I plugged the motor into the mains via a extension cable and the first think I saw was "No Link To Mount Stand Alone Mode". I pressed enter and saw version which I knew needed updating and pressed enter and then the next section was Long and Lat. I stopped here because it pointless going further. I knew that I needed to do an alignment and also that you cannot track the plants because of old firmware. With that being said I have tried looking this up and it seems loads of people are saying it could be this and that. I'm creating this post in the hopes that someone can help run me through how I diagnose what could be causing the issue. I've read anything from the mount motor to powersupply, etc. Help as always is greatly appreciated.

I didn't know in which sub to ask this question so I picked what I thought was the most relevant. If this isn't the right place could a mod move it for me. Sorry and thank you.

Edited by GiggaKubicca

Hope someone can help you  because your post is total greek to me........

I think this must be about updating mount firmware, but which mount doesn't come up in my crystal ball.

I hope you didn't really plug your motor into the 240 volt mains because motors are usually 12 Volt.

Seriously, give us some clues here.

Michael

52 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

What mount, control pad and software version is it ?

Synscan, some really old firmware. I can't remember the numbers. I looked it up two days ago and it was from something like 2016.

Sounds like you have a SW EQ mount and a Synscan controller. The very old V2 Synscan can't be upgraded.

Any V3 (or later) will work 100%.

The serial "update" cable needs a Serial>USB adaptor - I use a Keyspan adaptor which has worked well for the past ten years.

5 hours ago, GiggaKubicca said:

and also that you cannot track the plants because of old firmware

This is not correct. Any version of Synscan (even the ol' V2) will give tracking rates.

4 minutes ago, Merlin66 said:

Sounds like you have a SW EQ mount and a Synscan controller. The very old V2 Synscan can't be upgraded.

Any V3 (or later) will work 100%.

The serial "update" cable needs a Serial>USB adaptor - I use a Keyspan adaptor which has worked well for the past ten years.

This is not correct. Any version of Synscan (even the ol' V2) will give tracking rates.

I mean I can't argue, all I'm telling people is what the tracking pad said. It literally told me that I couldn't track the moon because the firmware needed updating.
I have an adapter turning up today because who the hell has a 300BC technology port like a Serial on their computer.

7 hours ago, GiggaKubicca said:

I mean I can't argue, all I'm telling people is what the tracking pad said. It literally told me that I couldn't track the moon because the firmware needed updating.
I have an adapter turning up today because who the hell has a 300BC technology port like a Serial on their computer.

As someone has already pointed out, even the v2 handset has variable tracking rates. I doubt that the handset actually displayed a message that it couldn't track the moon and you need to update the firmware. Your handset, I suspect a v3, also has variable tracking rates. These are Sidereal, Solar, Lunar and  Sidereal+PEC can be selected from the handsets Setup>Set Tracking menu.