Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

imaging

had a play with sharpcap last night of moon was not happy with images and had problem getting pictures clear I was using skywatcher 150pl and bresser full hd deep space camera any advice on getting quality better on sharp cap please

200506214200.jpg

200506214222.jpg

200506215012.jpg

200506215042.jpg

200506215054.jpg

Yeah I'd agree, spend more time on focusing before capturing the video. Zoom in to the preview and look at the fine detail whilst adjusting the focuser. 

Also, as a secondary point,  was the scope collimated before use? 

17 minutes ago, PeterCPC said:

Looks out of focus to me.

Peter

this was my question was clear on screen until I captured image then did not look so good also how do I zoom in to preview please and scope was set up about an hour before viewing 

thank you for helping me

18 minutes ago, tony69 said:

how do I zoom in to preview please

See image... use the dropdown top right, select 150% or 200% or something like that for focusing. This only zooms in on the preview screen, nothing else. 

Have you stacked and sharpened the video you collected? 

20200507_090653.jpg

1 hour ago, tony69 said:

this was my question was clear on screen until I captured image then did not look so good also how do I zoom in to preview please and scope was set up about an hour before viewing 

thank you for helping me

Do you use a Bahtinov mask for focusing?

Peter

1 hour ago, Cornelius Varley said:

The images do look a little out of focus. Are they single images or stacked videos ? If you capture using Sharpcap the zoom function is on the top menu bar.

single images at moment until I understand it better 

thank you

1 hour ago, CraigT82 said:

See image... use the dropdown top right, select 150% or 200% or something like that for focusing. This only zooms in on the preview screen, nothing else. 

Have you stacked and sharpened the video you collected? 

20200507_090653.jpg

ok got that now thank you and I only took single shots until I get use to how it works and no idea how to stack images at moment its all new to me have googled a lot but not as helpful as asking those that know so thank you 

50 minutes ago, tony69 said:

ok got that now thank you and I only took single shots until I get use to how it works and no idea how to stack images at moment its all new to me have googled a lot but not as helpful as asking those that know so thank you 

What you should do is take an AVI video then stack in Autostakkert3! then you can carry out sharpening etc in Registax.

Peter

2 hours ago, PeterCPC said:

What you should do is take an AVI video then stack in Autostakkert3! then you can carry out sharpening etc in Registax.

Peter

ok will give that a try thank you very much