NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Beware ; Fraud Alert! - Ebay again Astro - physics mount

Gorr_77

There is another fraud :

link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233577886511?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

ASTRO-PHYSICS 1100GTO GERMAN EQUATORIAL TELESCOPE MOUNT- PASILL4 -NEW  pbmretailltd (14104

i hope that people bidding on it they are not serious about it.

Be Smart!

I've notified the ebay, and ebay seller, but it will take some time before they close it.

• Thanks 1

this ai another one from the same scammer. We chase him out last month but he is back - and he does like Astro -Physics adverts - also B&W speakers , Fender strat, Linn speakers, Omega , Rolex etc... al limited editions...

I ve noticed that he will attaches himself to the ebay shops  - quietly, ao the owner doesn't know - but he will block contact tot the shop email as well. 

Drat. Listing ended. I missed a bargain!

In the past I used to notify ebay about things like this. But they made it such hard work and were not bothered.
Now I don't bother. By that I mean I don't bother to look at ebay for anything astro related.

But on behalf of those who still risk using ebay for astro kit. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

I do agree! what a waste of time... but believe it or not there are still genuine people how is going for it. I do like to help eBay to stop anything like that...

.....same time i hate eBay?!?

1 hour ago, dobblob said:

What sort of fool would believe ZERO negative feedback out of 1700? 

They usually use hacked e.bay accounts with excellent feedback scores. So that element is probably genuine but has no association with the fraudsters who are now using the account of course.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

page gone. I just reported a couple in the binos section again too, same mk shop contact but same item and different account offering it.

That is what everybody have to do.. it only take a minute - even if it is misunderstanding -It is still worth to safe somebody's cash...

Edited by Gorr_77
typo
  • Like 1