Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trackingspeed

Ok another short question.  For the moment im trying photography without guiding.  The synscan menu showed me some options in trackingspeed( in our language it says followspeed). Does synscan automatically adjust this speed based on the object it slewed to?   And if so, when using skysafari instead of the synscan handcontroller, does the mount also know what the target and its trackingspeed is?   Sometimes i set it on “moonspeed” if my children for example wanting to have a look or when nothing else is worth watching at that night. Do i have to manually set it to normal trackingspeed when finished, or does the mount adjust it by itself?

Edited by Robindonne

59 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

Ok another short question.  For the moment im trying photography without guiding.  The synscan menu showed me some options in trackingspeed( in our language it says followspeed). Does synscan automatically adjust this speed based on the object it slewed to?   And if so, when using skysafari instead of the synscan handcontroller, does the mount also know what the target and its trackingspeed is?   Sometimes i set it on “moonspeed” if my children for example wanting to have a look or when nothing else is worth watching at that night. Do i have to manually set it to normal trackingspeed when finished, or does the mount adjust it by itself?

No

1 hour ago, Robindonne said:

And if so, when using skysafari instead of the synscan handcontroller, does the mount also know what the target and its trackingspeed is?

No

1 hour ago, Robindonne said:

Do i have to manually set it to normal trackingspeed when finished

Yes

New feature for next year's model - auto target tracking rate ?

Michael

Ok thx for the info.   Well if its only me questioning this than a software change is  probably not going to happen.  So when i switch to moon tracking rate, on these banal nights, i have to remember to set it back to star tracking rate.  At least when im unguided and planning to try some more photography   Thanks

Edited by Robindonne

19 hours ago, Robindonne said:

Ok thx for the info.   Well if its only me questioning this than a software change is  probably not going to happen.  So when i switch to moon tracking rate, on these banal nights, i have to remember to set it back to star tracking rate.  At least when im unguided and planning to try some more photography   Thanks

Yeah I had that problem last night and have come to realise that there are three tracking modes on the synscan: lunar, sidereal and solar. Lunar being the moon, solar being the sun and sidereal being stars and DSO’s so you’ll just have to change that depending on what your looking at.