Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 + 3 asteroids (down to mag 19.2)

paulobao

Hello again,

just finish to process this animated GIF. Hope I'm not boring you with this asteroid thing but here I'm.

From 23/12/2008 at 20 UTC plus 6x25 min frames.

One of the asteroids is mag 19.2 which surprised me since I took those frames with a Canon 40D and a not so quick Tak FS102 at F/6.2.

Here the link (the GIF is about 4 MB) : http://www.astrographica.com/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=5588&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Cheers,

paulo

You certainly are not boring anyone Paulo. In fact your work here is very very accomplished, and SGL are very grateful to you for posting your images.

This is excellent, and a very useful educational method of showing these small bodies and their orbital motions. Thank you very much indeed. Well done too, on capturing such a faint target. Quite extraordinary.

Ron. :thumbright: :salute:

i am telling you that its amazing what you have done to get those objects.

After watching the video and i got to thinking about my own images and if there were Asteroids on them however after i found one i was unable to find out what the name of it was, can you help me out with this?

ally

Crikey Paulo! this is stunning :shock: The amount of work that must go into processing each frame then finding any movement then trying to work out the name of the asteroid - mind boogling! Well done. :hello1: :hello1:

Sam

Thanks you all. I like it so there no work just fun (maybe there is an english expression for this).

Ally, if you don't use a planetarium software like CDC or other one you must know (if you use CDC and an updated MPC data that is really so easy that I did not to mention the process):

1- when you took those frames (year, month, day, hour, min)

2- then you should know the approx coordinates of the object you found in your frame

3- now you go to the MPChecher http://scully.harvard.edu/~cgi/CheckMP and introduce that data.

you will get a list of the objects. The more accurate your coordinates the lesser the radius of search need to be.

Hope I helped you. If you have any question just send me a PM. You may send me the image too and the date you took it and I will get it for you. Then please post it here .

paulo

After seeing your work here I had a go at animating my accidental m74 asteroids, 3 in all and it certainly was an eyeopener. Widefield DSLR helps and certain areas are just full of them.

Nice work.

Archived