NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium 0.20 Telescope control (No sync option?)

Vega

Hi All

So having updated Stellarium to 0.20.1, I double checked that there wasn't a new version of StellariumScope too. I then read on the website "that Stellarium supports ASCOM telescopes natively since version 0.19.3. There’s no need to use StellariumScope in order to use your ASCOM telescopes with Stellarium anymore"

"Fantastic" I thought to myself! Went right in to the Telescope Control plugin and there it was, an ASCOM option.

image.png.b5a4967c097803eddb0e91480a3e8650.png

I selected my EQ6 mount form the familiar Ascom drop-down menu and connected fine. Slewing and ctrl-1 ing everywhere. However, when I tried the sync (ctrl-3) option... nothing. I realised that StellariumScope used to put the three entries in the Telescope Control panel #1 Slew, #3 Sync and #5 Cancel.  Now I just have the one local, ASCOM entry that I created with ASCOM.

image.png.f59c6c30679cec103e1eab4bdea70ad7.png

Here's what StellariumScope used to set up in Telescope Control (as External software)

image.png.4a7a0cece97129d68198730869a42357.png

Has anyone managed to get a Sync option working in Stellarium without the use of StellariumScope?

Thanks

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having similar problems as Vega, Cannot Sync from Stellarium.

I'm running Stellariumscope remotely on the pc connected to the scope (EQMOD) and running Stellarium locally. Used to have the same three options (using the three different ports) as described by Vega but now have only Slew and Sync. problem is Sync doesnt work.

I am assuming that the new Ascom option doesnt support remote scope operation or am I missing something.

Anyone out there had any success with a similar set up?

Annoying thing is the telescope dialog has slew and sync buttons,would be nice if they worked for my setup. Hopefully something will  turn up for stellarium to connect to a remote scope through ascom. Perhaps a service that runs on the remote computer, ascomscope ? Erm...