NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2nd Attempt at Solar Mosaic 24/04/20

matt_baker

This is my second attempt at a mosaic with the LS60 and QHY5L-II M with a 2x Barlow.

I'm using sharpcap and sometimes although not as bad as last time, I got weird diagonal lines appearing and I'm not too sure why. They are faint in the raw AVI so it's hard to see them unless you squint but when you stretch the image out, on my first attempt, they were very prevalent.

Other than that, it went well, apart from a bad panel on the middle right, which is a little blurry.

a299065d813db1da21b146b296c29129.png

Untitled-1111.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, matt_baker said:

I'm using sharpcap and sometimes although not as bad as last time, I got weird diagonal lines appearing and I'm not too sure why

Could be Newton rings.

Dave

• Like 1

Matt,

When you say you used PS......was that the Photomerge option? (file/automate/photomerge)

I found ICE and other programs didn't work too well for me, but that Photomerge did a pretty good job.

13 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Matt,

When you say you used PS......was that the Photomerge option? (file/automate/photomerge)

I found ICE and other programs didn't work too well for me, but that Photomerge did a pretty good job.

For some reason photomerge didn't like to align it so well so I loaded the files into a stack, told it to automatically align, and aligned the 2 mismatched panels myself then blended that to create the image

On 26/04/2020 at 21:00, Pete Presland said:

Looks pretty good to me. I can see the stitch lines slightly, what program are stitching with?

On second thoughts, I don't think what you're seeing are stitching artefacts.

I have a feeling they're horizontal banding artefacts?