Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SharpCap videos DON'T go to the T5!

Rusted

Under "Storage" in Windows10 on my laptop I have all new Videos sent to my external Samsung T5 SSD.
Everything else goes to "C".  The problem is that none of my captured videos ends up in T5. It all ends up in "C". :crybaby2:

Does Windows recognise SharpCap videos as such? Or does it think of them as "something else."
I'm having to send SC captures to the T5 manually because my laptop only has a 250GB SSD.
So it keeps filling up during an average imaging session. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Never used SharpCap, can you not set the save folder in SharpCap, it's what I do with Firecapture, saves to a folder called Sun on the external drive, looks for it on start up and automatically starts a new subfolder for new dates.

Dave

• Like 1

You need to open Sharpcap and in the settings menu set your destination folder.  See below.  Click on the 3 dots next to the file name and choose your external drive or other chosen file location.  You see mine is my R: drive, which is an external USB3 drive.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks to all those who responded.:thumbsup:

RayD provided the precise information I needed to solve my storage problem.

Extra thanks must go to RayD. :)

You may have saved me having to buy a bigger internal SSD.

I'm not sure if there is a huge difference in storage speed between internal and external SSDs.
For my transfers between the Samsung NVMe MZVP256  internal and the external T5 SSDs I average about 320MB/s.
This may be an entirely different mechanism from direct capture to file storage from the camera via SharpCap.

I regularly see ~400fps during 640x480 captures from my '174.
Presumably the external T5 will be fast enough to cope via USB3?
Samsung claim 540MB/s but I never see that during transfers.

An Update: I managed to send SharpCap captures to "E:\" the external T5.

Though it wouldn't let me choose a filename. "SharpCap Captures doesn't exist."

I measured the capture speed to the external SSD using SharpCap. 400MB/s is plenty.

Thanks again for your help. :biggrin:

• Like 1