NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skymak 127 focuser travel.

18 minutes ago, banjaxed said:

Been meaning to ask this question but keep forgetting. How can you tell when you have reached the full in or out focus when the focus knob seems to turn forever, it has me puzzled.

Maurice.

The focus knob will stop when it hits the end. Don't try to wind it any further. My Skymax 90 takes about 25 turns stop to stop (just tried it)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, banjaxed said:

Thank you for your reply, maybe it just seems to turn forever 😀

I've always wondered this as well! Always been careful not to test the forever theory 😅 From focus with a diagonal to focus with a camera seems vast on that little focus knob. 

The focus knob is effectively a nut.

Turning it clockwise, it'll just bottom out - this pulls the mirror closest to the back.

Anticlockwise (pushing the mirror forward) the end stop is a small screw under the rubber grip cover (can be seen in pic below), the head of which is just slightly too big to pass through the thread in the knob.

214062568_IMG_20200410_2019343292.thumb.jpg.4535a0e43f7d7e12127bb15fd6add499.jpg

If you're going to be playing with finding the end stops, it might be worth pulling the rubber off and checking that screw is tight ;)