Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which scope?

richard ashbee

On 06/04/2020 at 02:23, Nigella Bryant said:

Double stack all the time but I'd go for 80mm and save for the double stack later. I  currently use the 60mm double stack. I'd love the extra resolution though. 

Would like the 80mm but the double stacked would be well out of my price range. Impressed with your photos even on the 60mm double stack Nigella

• Thanks 1

Hi Richard - the 80mm double stack is an internal unit, which produces a brighter background sky - a lot of imagers seem to prefer the 60DS as it’s external and shadows can be tilted out of the fov, giving blacker background sky. I’m actually considering whether to upgrade from a 60 to an 80, but am visual only so don’t think the redder sky would bother me. 

On 08/04/2020 at 20:50, richard ashbee said:

Would like the 80mm but the double stacked would be well out of my price range. Impressed with your photos even on the 60mm double stack Nigella

Yeah, I am impressed with what you can image with the 60mm double stack.