Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

another can you do better with my data topic

I hope you dont mind as I am trying to learn to improve my processing, so I had a go 

402922340_IWOLSSGLAttempt.png.26d285ebdba822f3d6b8f8a61102036c.png

I also then tried to add more saturation to bring out more colour but it didnt bring much of anything out

402571493_IWOLSSGLAttemptSat.png.3362be34ca6a95f905bde23e2b8e094a.png

Edited by Paul2019
  • Like 1

no problem paul you seem to have a lack of colour? I can usually get my head round anything eventually but astro processing seems to win me,tried pixinsight and astropixel processor ,but just cant seem to get that final image,but thanks for giving it a go good luck

Hi... I'm unfamiliar with fit file format. Is one of the files a stacked file? If so, which one? I'd like to have a go processing on PS. I usually process tif files from DSS. If you could provide a stacked tif file, that would be great!

Tim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

Hi... I'm unfamiliar with fit file format. Is one of the files a stacked file? If so, which one? I'd like to have a go processing on PS. I usually process tif files from DSS. If you could provide a stacked tif file, that would be great!

Tim.

If you're using photoshop I think you should be able to use https://www.spacetelescope.org/projects/fits_liberator/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

Tim.

they are all stacked fit file red green blue lum

Thanks for sharing your data.

Here is quick integration using APP and then some final tweaks in PS.  Your Luminance has quite a bit of vignetting but the overall data seems pretty good.  I am certainly no expert but like you still learning.

Needle-Test.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, iwols said:

no problem paul you seem to have a lack of colour? I can usually get my head round anything eventually but astro processing seems to win me,tried pixinsight and astropixel processor ,but just cant seem to get that final image,but thanks for giving it a go good luck

Its a long term problem for me! I'm hopelessly colour blind so I tend to be qyite conservative with colour otherwise my processing just tends to go blue!

Heres another try (With Colours, too blue I think)

2127291694_Attempt2Colour.thumb.png.6837c780b146ac1dd6d57cc212d33bc5.png

Edited by Paul2019
  • Like 1

Here's my attempt in PixInsight.

Your image has very strong gradients. Also, the background intensity of the subs and integrated image is quite high, so you should probably decrease your exposure time or use a light pollution filter.

n4565_LRGB.thumb.png.07150cbfa823b77462c120fa39703700.png

Edited by wimvb
  • Like 1