Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Corona Virus has a positive effect on astro outreach!

steppenwolf

Our little cul-de-sac has 13 properties in it and we have formed a small  WhatsApp group to help one another at this difficult time but it has become more than just a point of contact for shopping and medicinal requirements and currently, the biggest thread is the astronomy one I started with an image of M3 earlier this week and tonight, my suggestion to step outside and observe the Moon and Venus looking fabulous one above the other!

Funny how positive things come from negative circumstances ......

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Philip R said:

Only problem is... if more than two people in a group at a time the police may take action. Apologies for being negative.

Oh trust me, they were all observing from their own gardens - this lot are really good at social distancing, it feels weird but we're all doing it here as should everyone else!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Lots of questions answered. It's nice to help others take their mind off the crisis.

I was really delighted with the interested response - the last thing I would want to do would be to foist my interests on other people but it is amazing how receptive people are to our hobby! Mind you, if your forget the science and technology that many of us require to enjoy much of it, the sheer beauty of the night sky to the naked eye is more than enough to inspire anyone!

• Like 1