NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

APT and AllSky Plate Solve

Hi not sure if this is the right place or not !! I posted in another area but as that is quite old I may not get any answers.

My problem is when I use apt to plate solve I get a message that apt could not find the ASPS and to set it in the settings in Pointcraft, so I deleted the program but still got the error message. I have watched many videos on this subject but they all start in the middle. What I would appreciate is a video that shows what software to download Etc. Anyone help please.

Hi I have followed the instructions given in the link Demon Barber gave but things are different as when I download ASPS from the APT link, it does not load Astrometry Library, so I tried to find it on the web but it is nowhere to be found. Feels like I’m going around in circles with this. The video is very good although a year old.

Should I Download PS2 as well as asps?

3 hours ago, Dinoboy said:

Should I Download PS2

Hi

If you are certain that you have the astrometry libraries downloaded, then there's no need  but for either, ansvr is required. It Is either not installed, not running or is quarantined.

Fix that first.

Otherwise, look here:

https://aptforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=618

HTH

Edited by alacant

Hi all thanks for your replies, plenty for me to read and do. I am using my Canon 800d camera and not a Telescope, the lens on the camera is a Canon erf 135 mm and I have put in details for that, after doing plenty of searches on the internet I think I have the correct details, I will double check. When I open apt it recognises my camera and gives details on the bottom left of the screen.

I have deleted APT and ASPS and started again but as yet no luck, I must be doing something wrong.

As I said I cannot find Astrometry anywhere on the net so I cannot download it, that is why I ask if I should download PS2.