NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Handle for ED120

22 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Cheers John...

2 minutes ago, John said:

I use the Vixen handle on my, er, Vixen :icon_biggrin:

It may well fit on the Skywatcher tube rings as well.

Is that a single point attachment, John? I.e. to just one of the rings.

I was thinking about a handle for a Tak tube ring, which also has only one screw thread.

Maybe I should start a new thread....

11 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Is that a single point attachment, John? I.e. to just one of the rings.

I was thinking about a handle for a Tak tube ring, which also has only one screw thread.

Maybe I should start a new thread....

Yes, single bolt. It seems sturdy enough for the 4 inch Vixens but they are quite light. I've seen them used on Tak 100's.

If I put something on my ED120 and 130 triplet it will be bolted at both ends I think !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

One thing with this handle is you can shorten it if you want to. Just remove one of the ends using a few taps with a hammer and shorten the tube and put the end back on.

I shouldn't need to. I've measured the distance as 180mm on the centers, so hopefully will go straight on.

3 hours ago, JeremyS said:

I told you he'd know! 

What @johninderby doesn't know about handles is, quite frankly, not worth knowing.

You've got to handle it to John..he's always got a handle on handles. In fact, he's a dab handle at it! Perhaps he should change his SGL handle to, er, Professor Handle?:glasses12::help:

Dave

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

You've got to handle it to John..he's always got a handle on handles. In fact, he's a dab handle at it! Perhaps he should change his SGL handle to, er, Professor Handle?:glasses12::help:

Dave

Stop it Dave 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Dave

Get a grip Dave. 😀😀😀

• Haha 2