Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M82

Brian28

Monday night was supposed to be pretty clear , so i took the opportunity to set up my new toys ..  a Mesu 200 mount on a modified Tri pier , and an RC10 scope .. 

My goals for the night were to make sure that I had collimated the scope properly , and had set up the back focus for the QSI Camera with the AP telecompressor correctly ..  then  to make sure the M200 would behave its self , as I had only set it up in the workshop since purchase . I purposely  hadn't set any  targets , as i get annoyed with myself if things go wrong and I don`t get an image 🤬 .

The night went better than I could have hoped for TBH .. only a very minor collimation adjustment was required , and slight re positioning of my main camera  , though the Superstar camera wasn't playing ball and I couldn't focus on a guide star , so I had to swap it out for a Loadstar .( sent back to Starlight  this morning for checks ).    As for the mount .. well it worked like a dream ..  no issues .. 

so the upshot of all this good fortune was I decided to shoot M82 .. simple easy to find target that would allow quite a few hours of imaging from my location . 

well the skies were not that clear after all with quite a bit of high cloud , and the lower stuff rolled in about 3 am  but I managed 

6 x 600 sec  Lum 

6 x 600 sec Red

6 x 600 Sec  Blue 

6 x 600 Sec Ha 

I used Syn Green         so a total of 4 hours  total integration time .. 

M82 titles.jpg

Edited by Brian28
  • Like 15