Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus in UV from 27.02.2020, decent seeing

Pete Presland

Very breezy again tonight unfortunately. Some pretty good seeing at times though. Lovely subtle cloud detail again, a little different from previous images. 

Captured with Celestron C9.25, baader UV filter and Asi 290mm camera.

Stacked 10% of 25,000 frames Some pleasing cloud visible again.

479011765_2020_02_2717.png.37a6ba060bb1136df77aa3b3acb997f5.png

• Like 7

1 minute ago, lukebl said:

That's showing some great detail. I think your image shows noticeably sharper detail than mine. It's reassuring to know that we're capturing the same features.

Always difficult with the processing side of it, i spend hours and hours, never really making up my mind 🙂  

• Haha 1

Pete,

Hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of reporcessing your image to compare it with mine. I used your image for the B and G channels, and used my own IR image for the R channel.

I think yours is definitely sharper, but they obviously both show the same features.

Looking forward to the next few months as Venus gets bigger, and it won't mean having to stay up late!

49595802008_7e57ff1d71_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not at all luke. Good to see we getting the same features. It has been quite apparent that Venus is growing in size quite quickly of late.

I have now loaded all my filters into a newly acquired 9 positive filter wheel.

Doing some colour images is next on the list, maybe tonight, if the hailstorms do not return.