Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M&S 400mm f/5 frac

Yes, really.  M&S!  Who'd have thought it?

I'm toying with the possibility of using one of these as a finder for my Darkstar project, but at the price they're going for used I'm wondering if they're in fact really pretty rough.  Has anyone actually had their mitts on one and decided that it was a) bearable, or b) belonged in the bin?

James

I also tried searching cant find anything m&s 80mm f5 refractor 

Can u post a link or pic?

Of course if it's really cheap as it sounds like then u should pass

I did a video in the xmas time of cheaper scopes as gifts and reviewed baraka 70mm f5 refractor and it was totally garbage.

Just get the regular name brands 80mmf5 scopes

Meade celestron skywatcher or Orion they norm come up once awhile on used market 

joejaguar 

£15 is almost offensively cheap for an 80mm finder though.  Assuming it's actually up to the job.  I suspect however that like another possibility I had my eye on -- the Celestron 80mm Travelscope, the focuser body is made from plastic which probably doesn't bode well.

James

Ok thx for the link

This too me looks similar to a scope I just reviewed this past xmas for a cheap starter xmas gift.

It was the baraka 70mm 400 fl, not the same scope but similar 

I was very disappointed with that scope everything being plastic and even looks like same table top tripod.

Even the lens  I wasn't even sure was real glass maybe plastic lens, if it was glass it wasn't made well.

In Canada that scope was like $76 so not so cheap I guess that's about $40uk but I would not recommend that scope as a xmas gift or any purchase. 

But u did say using it as a finderscope so maybe if u put a 32mm 1.25 ep it be ok

Another note tho if u can find the 80mm f5 acro made by celestron meade Orion or skywatcher I think u be much better off, it's not much more and as it made metal not plastic. Mostly metal parts. Even the focuser on these are so much better then the barskas model.

Joejaguar