NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 with Quadband filter

smerral

Thanks everyone. :) Olly, I have  Bortle 2-3 skies here in the far north of Scotland.   Perhaps the filter does subdue the blues but I've a feeling it's my processing that may have done it.  Take a look at my Rosette nebula imaged with the same filter.  Eventually I would like to combine the narrowband with the full spectrum image.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2020 at 15:45, The Admiral said:

Lovely rendition, and has been said before the core is nicely tamed.

These multi-bandpass filters seem to be gaining traction, how well do you rate the Altair? Can I ask what you are using to process please?

Ian

Thanks Ian.  Though I don't have a tremendous experience with refractors I would rate the Altair as excellent value for money, a really first class scope for wide field.  I have even less experience with quadband filters as I've never used any other but the Altair seems to do the job.  Although I don't suppose they will ever produce the fine contrast of true RGB imaging they do save time!  I'm very happy with the results I've got from mine.  :)  As to processing,  I use Astro Pixel Processor and Photoshop.  It takes a bit of experimentation to bring out the colours of the different bands.

• Like 1