Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

kirkster501

Markarians Chain

Had a reprocess of this ready (hopefuly) to get more data on it this comign spring.  This is seven hours from last year.

613942886_M87andfriends.thumb.jpg.c487f9b1e9cba39285eac378573d55bb.jpg

• Like 11

That is a lovely image, and it feeds the desire to get on the end of a telescope !

Edited by Saganite

That's a pretty wide angle image, what 'scope and camera? You've managed to keep better colour than I have on that target.

Hi, it was made with my FSQ85 with reducer and KAF8300 camera.

I had an idea it might have been, thanks for confirming it. It's on my hit-list for "Galaxy Season" though the most I can get is the main chain and M87.

First class, I just love those galaxy clusters, the term ‘faint fuzzies’ doesn’t do them justice in my opinion.

Very nice Kirkster! 

I had a shot on this some years ago and managed an hour and no surprise that it's not a patch on yours.

Gives me the incentive to try again.

Very good. What makes this tricky is the need to get the background sky just right - as you have done. More data might allow you to pull out the blues in the tidally distorted component of 'The Eyes.'

Olly