Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Altair Pier Arrives

Alan White

8 hours ago, WanderingEye said:

These have been around for a while, William Optics have one the same, they are a Chinese make and just rebranded.... 👍😀

F79104C2-50D4-4585-8A8D-E61CA8CA566C.jpeg

Yes it is, was discussed on another thread after the IAS.
It is that they are now in the UK under the branding of Altair and available.

China made or Taiwan made?     May make a difference perhaps?

8 hours ago, Ships and Stars said:

May I ask what are the advantages of this type of mobile pier over a standard type metal tripod? More stability and more room? Both piers above look quite sharp.

I believe more solid, no riser needed as inbuilt for keeping rig lower, probably more advantages for the imagers than us observers.

Edited by Alan White
  • Thanks 1

I bought one of these shortly after the IAS. It is very solid but fairly light to move around. It's a replacement for my 1.5 inch tripod. I'm waiting for the IEQ30pro top section as mine had the one for an EQ5. I also thought I could use it with my Skytracker using an adapter from FLO.

Has new stock arrived at the shop? They've been delayed because of the problems in China.

Edited by Anne S
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anne S said:

Has new stock arrived at the shop? They've been delayed because of the problems in China.

It says in stock on the Facebook page, you may have a valid point.

1 hour ago, Anne S said:

I bought one of these shortly after the IAS. It is very solid but fairly light to move around. It's a replacement for my 1.5 inch tripod. I'm waiting for the IEQ30pro top section as mine had the one for an EQ5. I also thought I could use it with my Skytracker using an adapter from FLO.

So do you think as an existing user that this is as or more solid than a tripod?