NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

An exceedingly amateurish M42

vineyard

Hello,

Finally had some time to try some photos again last night.  M42 (of course!).  20 images of 20s (unguided), w ASI178MC (uncooled) through a 102mm f/8.6 refractor.  Biases, darks & flats applied.  Processed using SiriL, and then played around with a bit in Lightroom.  I also then played with one image again in GIMP.  Not great by ANY means, but my first EVER nebula photo :)

I think I prefer the slightly more monochrome one (I think I've made the colours too psychedelic in the other one!)

Cheers,

Vin

(PS - blooming 'eck seeing them on a laptop screen after posting: I need to improve my focus!)

r_pp_M42 Light_debayed_stacked_gimp.jpg

r_pp_M42 Light_debayed_stacked.jpg

Edited by vineyard
Added PS
  • Like 8

Good start! Isn't it exciting getting your very own images of the cosmos? I like the more monochrome one, too; I can make out more detail on the nebula. Congratulations on your first nebula; I wish you many more :D 

Regards,

Reggie

Edited by orion25
  • Thanks 1